Thursday, October 12, 2006

Fashion Advice for the Modern Anchor




From a concerned fashionista...

Coop, don’t wear pinstripes two nights in a row. Your ties are divine, the shirts wonderful, but please, vary the pinstriped suit. I know they’re your favorite, but for those of us who pay attention to every detail, and you know we do, give us another selection from the Ralph Lauren or Prada lines.

Wearing the pinstripes two days in a row is a like a woman wearing the same color or even the same blouse two days in a row. You just can’t get away with it…trust me on this from personal experience. Remember, CNN NY is not the middle of Africa, Afrghanistan or New Orleans and the rumpled A&F shirt just won't cut it here (even though I love the look). I know you missed NY Fashion Week while on assignment, so if you need help shopping, give me a call. You know where to find me.

One more little thing, don’t cross your legs on national television. I dig your shoes and at least you wore dark socks. Just remember, we can see what’s really going on under the desk as things are pretty transparent these days.

Thanks to liberation337 at Anderloads for the great caps.

7 comentarios:

marie said...

Anderson,

I usually don't much attention to the clothes you wear, but since becoming an avid viewer of Scott Schuman's blog (http://sartorialist.blogspot.com) I have been looking at fashion with a critical eye. Scott has been teaching his fans how to analyze clothing, so I suspect there will be more analysis of what you wear on-air.

At least you crossed your legs at the knees and not the ankles. Crossing them at the ankles is for the ladies. ;)

Anonymous said...

@jade -lol. I noticed leg crossing. I don't mind at all, it's cute. But don't forget, it's not the old desk. You can't hide behind this one! I think couple of new "war shirts" won't hurt either -)

Jennifer said...

I just thought the leg crossing was...well...a little too....uh...you know...I'm not speculating, but I just didn't think it looked right ;)

Jennifer said...

"360" Note: Cooper wore another pinstripe suit tonight. Day 3: Pinstripe Continues.

Anonymous said...

I really think he is too cheap to have a lot of suits. I think it's a WASP/old money thing. Sort of endearing. I'll bet he doen't even own any Prada, things just look like Prada on him!

marie said...

Sanjay Gupta was wearing stripes last night so it must be stripes week at AC360!

Anonymous said...

Anderson,

It's 100% OK with me for

you to wear your birthday suit

daily on AC 360....


Bet your ratings would hit

sky-high!!!!

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.