Sunday, November 05, 2006

Heath News: Car Seat Safety for Kids

Car Seat Safety for Kids
by Marie



This recently posted YouTube video is a reminder of why all kids should be in a properly installed car safety seat for as long as needed (till age 6 where I live.)

I recommend till the child is at least 80 lbs. There are seats available for kids up to 100 lbs and I have one in my car that I use to transport my cousin who is 8. The state law no longer applies to her, but she is going to be in one until she is too tall or is over 100lbs. I, myself, rode in a safety seat till age 12—till I was too tall for it.

It is the responsibility of the adult(s) riding with kids to be sure that they are all “buckled in.” And don’t forget to use the safety clip that comes with the car seat.

2 comentarios:

Jennifer said...

That video puts things in perspective. It's been a hectic here today and watching that video brought a tear to my eye.

It should put PERSPECTIVE in everyone's lives. That is real life, not the internet or blogs.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

very sad and great information. Another thing many forget that car safety seats should be attached to the back of the regular seat very tight, there should be hardly any space left. I saw how some people don't even check how loose it's hooked up...

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.