Monday, November 27, 2006

Page Six: Full of Crap?


Another round of Where in the World was Anderson Cooper as reported in today's Page Six:

November 27, 2006 -- ANDERSON Cooper was friendly at a Brazilian airport on Friday. "Hi, I'm Anderson," he said to the "attractive" man standing next to him at the flight connection monitors in the Salvador terminal, a spy told The Post's Braden Keil. The 25ish fellow was wearing a tight T-shirt, cut-off shorts and an earring. According to our witness, the unshaven, solo-traveling CNN star chatted for 20 minutes with the stranger before the fellow had to say goodbye and board his flight to Rio.

Wasn't the Brazil trip mentioned at the recent "Friend in Deed" dinner that he co-hosted? I thought the Brazil trip was part of the AnderVaction from a few weeks ago. Reports from the Post of Anderson in Brazil before his trip to Turkey, somehow just doesn't smell right to me. I've also read reports of a "sighting" on another Andersite this weekend. Supposedly, someone and their friend spotted him running in Central Park with Molly. If Anderson has a clone, send one my direction for Christmas ;)

Also, I did hear him phone in a report from Turkey with Carol Lin on CNN Sunday last night. He is indeed one BUSY reporter!

8 comentarios:

Jennifer said...

From a Brazillan blog this morning:

"I am not going to say anything else, except for why don't I bump into Mr. Cooper at the airport in Brazil? And why are there no pictures of him in any Brazilian gossip sites this morning?"

Anonymous said...

The only airport Anderson was in on Friday afternoon was JFK going to London and eventually on to Turkey. The only people he was with was the CNN crew.

Jennifer said...

@Anon...that's what my sources have confirmed as well. Page Six should confirm their sources before printing.

marie said...

As I was reading this, I was wondering where the rest of the "CNN posse" was at?!

This story might have been believable IF Anderson was on vacation.

courtney01 said...

Sounds like Page Six is just like Gawker--they don't confirm their info before they post or publish it.

courtney01 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtney01 said...

Oh, I do, I do!!! My dreams and fantasies would be destroyed if he were gay!!!

There. That's what you want to hear, Mr./Ms. Anon, isn't it?

marie said...

ooh!! squee!!! ;)

Acutally, anon 1:23, that was not the point of the post. It was about how people who say they are "in the know" really have no idea what they are talking about. That and about checking your facts before making a claim.

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.