Friday, November 03, 2006

A Toast to Anderson Cooper 360


Springfield, MO--(FSP)--Betty Sue Dixon was surprised while making breakfast for her five children Thursday morning. Dixon, 30, had just sat down to butter her toast when her 7-year-old daughter Betty Jo pointed out the strange design on the bread.

“She hollered, ‘Mama, look at your toast,’ and I looked, and dropped the butter on the floor,” Dixon recounts, a smile lighting up her round face. “I couldn’t believe my eyes, but there it was, Anderson Cooper’s face in my morning toast!”

Dixon says she believes the toast to be a “sign from God” because she is such a loyal fan of the intrepid CNN reporter. “I think he’s dreamy,” she coos, after handing her toddler son Billy Ray a cookie. “He’s got such lovely blue eyes! I think God is tryin’ to tell me somethin’. At my church, they don’t take stock in such nonsense, but I do.”

Dixon says her husband Bobby Joe, 33, good-naturedly accepts her crush on Cooper but makes his smitten wife watch Cooper’s show Anderson Cooper 360 on the television upstairs. “That’s all right by me,” Dixon replies, “‘cause then I can keep a closer eye on the baby while I watch.”

When asked about her plans for the toast, she chuckles. “Oh, I’ve got a special place for it.” After being pressed further, she whispers, “It’s safe at the bank. And to all those Anderfans out there—it’s not for sale!”

4 comentarios:

MediaDoc said...

LOL, Thanks for making me laugh!

marie said...

Thanks Courtney...now I am hungry, lol. ;)

Anonymous said...

@courtney-- this is hillarious -lol I love that the toast is a bit burned -lol FSP rules!

courtney01 said...

You're welcome for the laughs. I figure we could all use them right now.

@ivy:

Thank Jade for the picture. She's our resident "photographer." ;-)

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.