Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Anderson Cooper's Rockin' New Year's Eve...


CNN’s Anderson Cooper will host live coverage of the New Year’s Eve celebration at New York City’s Times Square on Sunday, Dec. 31, from 11 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. (ET). For “New Year’s Live with Anderson Cooper,” CNN anchors and correspondents will provide reports from celebrations across the country and around the world, including Sean Callebs in New Orleans; Robin Meade, anchor of Robin & Company on Headline News, in Chicago; Kyra Phillips from Time Square; Rick Sanchez in San Antonio and John Zarrella in Key West, Fla.

The program will feature musical performances from the Killers in Los Angeles; the B-52s in Atlantic City, N.J.; the Goo Goo Dolls in Anaheim, Calif.; Sister Hazel in Orlando, Fla.; Montgomery Gentry in Lexington, Ky.; Preservation Hall Jazz Band in New York; Lionel Richie, Smash Mouth, OK Go and Rockstar: Supernova, all in Las Vegas; Nelly Furtado in Mumbai, India; and Scissor Sisters in Berlin.

During the program, Cooper will reveal the winner of the Anderson Cooper 360° “Keeping Them Honest in ‘06” contest. Based on the program’s weekly segment “Keeping Them Honest,” the contest allows viewers to submit nominations for citizens who challenged authorities to do the right thing this year. Viewers may vote on the submissions beginning Thursday, Dec. 28, by visiting the Anderson Cooper 360° Web site at http://www.CNN.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.cooper.360/

Anderson Cooper 360° is a wide-ranging, unconventional news program that takes a full 360-degree look at the world’s events. The program showcases CNN’s worldwide newsgathering capabilities as well as Anderson Cooper's unique sensibilities and perspective through a diverse range of live reports and interviews. Anderson Cooper 360° airs on CNN/U.S. each weekday from 10 p.m. to midnight (ET) and also airs on CNN International.

Screencap courtesy of legion.

13 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when AC would get the Scissor Sisters on the show, he said once that they were his favorite group. It looks like he or whoever it is that chooses the 360 bump music chose who'd be on this year's NYE show.

marie said...

Great! Now I know which concert to avoid in LA so I don't get on on-camera or photographed by papparazzi. Actually, considering who my friend and I will partying with that night, it might not be possible.

I do think that if we stay away from that one coffee shop where Perez Hilton claims as his office, all will be fine. I'll bring the Purell just in case one of us bumps into him.

I will also be attending the New Years Day parade, and I don't think there will be snow either. Oh Well.

Anonymous said...

@marie
don't worry I don't think the paparrazis will be interested in you, maybe you might actually scare them away

marie said...

@anon11:04
I have been chased and stalked by them while in CA and there is no way to get rid of them.

Anonymous said...

"I got ants in my pants and I need to dance!"

RIP, James Brown.

Since it almost seems as if Anderson hand-picked the bands appearing, I'm hoping he gets his groove on and it "accidentally" gets caught on camera during the AC360 NYE show!

Marie is a class act, btw. :D

Jennifer said...

Marie...

In sticking with the philosophy of "Keeping Them Honest" here, do you really think we believe the paparrazi hunt you?

Trust me when I say that I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I'd appreciate it if you would stop with the stories :)

marie said...

@jade,
Yes, I agree with the "Keeping Them Honest" philosophy, and what I have said is the truth.

Anonymous said...

Marie really works at Kitson and when the paps go there to stalk a real celebrity she always is caught in the middle of the shot

that would make her a FList Celebrity?

Anonymous said...

No anon, the paparazzis follow her because she is Lassie's dogwalker

Anonymous said...

Lassie's dogwalker? LOL
I would love to see paparazzi pics of her picking up Lassie's poop

Jennifer said...

Dogwalker or not, I like to keep the semi-no-name-dropping-paparazzi-
stalking-celebrity-friends stories
to a minimum.

Anonymous said...

This is all very weird. Who is the famous person that Marie knows? A big star or what?

Anonymous said...

Her celeb friends are Lassie, Tinkerbel and Bid Bid

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.