Wednesday, May 09, 2007

(Not Quite) Live From New York City

Question: What do you get when you cross a woman wearing a skin-tight, butt-hugging, teeny-tiny mini dress with ten pounds of makeup, an updo, with something that giggles and says “squee!”?

Answer: An Anderfan.

I’m as hyper as a lemur learning to pole dance. Maybe I shouldn’t have slammed a Red Bull and stuffed myself full of Smarties before writing this.

I arrived at the Border’s Bookstore in Time Warner Center three hours early because I have OCD or something and I hate to be late. There were about 30 people already there, but I’ll talk about them AFTER I talk about ANDERSON, which is why you’re looking, right?

Hee hee.

I was sitting right in the front row, directly in front of the podium that Anderson was going to stand at. Therefore, he was going to be five feet in front of me. I turned to the woman next to me and said, “Gosh, I hope he doesn’t spit when he talks!” She gave me the worst look EVER, I swear. What? I thought it was funny.

And then.... the energy in the room changed. It was like electricity coursed through the entire audience. Because... Anderson had come in.

Oh MY GOD. Fangurl moment.

First thought: Holy shit, he looks SO MUCH YOUNGER than I was expecting.

Second thought: Someone needs to feed that boy, he’s so damn thin!

Third thought: I am not telling you :)

He spoke for a very short moment, and I literally mean less than five minutes. He was looking around the crowd though... and then he saw my shirt. He actually paused for half a second and then did his famous “I’m not showing a fucking thing on my face right now” look. GEE! HI ANDERSON! So glad you stopped by (again)!

Then into the line we went. I was up pretty quickly.....

Anderson, shaking my hand: Hi, thanks for coming. (Nice hand.)

Me: Hi!

Anderson: Did you have to wait a long time?

Me: Three hours.... (and then in my very best Jessica Rabbit voice).... You’re a very popular man.

Hey- he LAUGHED. I made him laugh!

Anderson: Thanks Sharla. (With a smile, shuddup)

Me: You’re welcome.

And then.... off I went. I managed to keep a straight face all the way out of the store. And then, you know, I went *scream* and called up Christiane talking about how cute he is in real life. Sorry- fangurl moment again. Well, he IS... sorry, the man is straight up ELECTRIFYING in real life. I felt like I got hit by lightning.

Well, that’s all for now, I will update on the insane Anderfan woman (OMG wait till you get a load of HER).... the mean old ladies, the gay stalker guy.... oh boy... More later.

Enjoy! Pictures to come.

8 comentarios:

MediaDoc said...

I wonder why I'm afraid... kidding!

Anonymous said...

he IS... sorry, the man is straight up ELECTRIFYING in real life. I felt like I got hit by lightning.

This is all I need to hear. I was hoping someone would report that he was less than exciting in person so that I wouldn't feel so lousy about not having a chance to meet him, but I should've known better. The electricity is apparent even on television.

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to meet him at a book signing last year and I'm in total agreement. When he walks in the room, there are really no words to describe the sense you get with a large crowd and their excitement. Once you meet him, that's it, you will never be or feel the same again! However, if it makes you feel any better Anon 9:39PM, you stand in line for hours, and then within seconds, it's over. You feel more like you've been slapped but it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

I'm really feeling your excitement. It's amazing how Anderson affects us Anderfans, especially in person. I'd love to be in your shoes right now.

Pebbles

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice comments you guys. I had total stage fright, but, like any performance, once it was on, I was ON and I was perfectly fine and calm. I wasn't nervous at all being that close to him, and he was SO polite and seemed genuinely nice.

Right now we are uploading photos and they should be up sometime soon. I also will be writing up a post about those very interesting characters I mentioned early. Ooooh boy, do I have a story to tell :) I'll be back blogging sometime after the crack of dawn!

Anonymous said...

JR, your comment has made me feel a little better, so thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

I knew your experience would outdo the competition. Let that natural chemical mindset shine through!

Anonymous said...

Thanks anonymous aba... I couldn't think of a thing to say besides what actually came out. For one thing I had about five seconds, for another, I think my brains had gone to mush. Even if he'd been some random guy I'd met on the street I think I would have had the same reaction.

I had a conversation with someone about how Anderson looks like a clone of his father. Well, no WONDER Gloria practically fell down when she saw him. GEEZ.

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.