Monday, August 13, 2007

Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye!


Can I just say "Good riddance to bad rubbish?"

Not very PC or without bias, I'm afraid, but I have to admit to being quite pleased when I woke this morning to find that Karl Rove is leaving his post at the White House.

Surely I'm not the only person to feel this way?

What does this bode for the White House and for the President's agenda? The First Lady said Rove's role has been blown out of proportion, but do we really believe the President the author of all White House policies? Is the President a lame duck?

As I'm sure you've heard, Mitt Romney won the Iowa Straw Poll over the weekend, and Mike Huckabee took second place. None of the "big name" candidates even showed up. What do you think? Should the Senator and former mayor have traveled to Iowa and made a showing? How does this alter the future of the Republican race, or will it have much effect?

On a somewhat lighter note, the people of Cuba celebrated Fidel Castro's 81st birthday with fireworks and cheers--but without their fearless leader. I'm sure it tickles him pink (bad pun, I know) to think how he's outlived most of the people who tried to kill him.

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods? I'm considering moving north. These 100 degree days make me cranky (well, crankier than usual) and tired. If you're suffering the same weather, what are you doing to beat the heat?

Have a great evening, everyone!

10 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

It's 60 degrees with a nice cool breeze, come visit me!

courtney01 said...

Mmm, that sounds terrific. I'd love to visit!

Anonymous said...

court! think NYC!!! it gets hot here though and we even get our tornados. Who knew!

I was hoping you'll blog about Mc Rove leaving. He will be missed. NOT!

Anonymous said...

Its terrific Rove resigned, but unfortunately the damage has already been done. Now only if his boss would resign!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Anderson was in Niger, doing a piece for 60 minutes!

Anonymous said...

Well now that makes sense . . . didn't really thing Anderson would take a one week+ vacation . . . he went to Africa! LOL

Anonymous said...

Rove thinks he 's a big strong man picking on Hillary Clinton, I can't think of anything more pathetic.

Anonymous said...

As a west coaster, it is currently 81 degrees, at 7:53 PM. -Mason

Anonymous said...

Bill Maher said the other night on Larry King that even though Rove has resigned, he is definately not going away. Maher suspects that he will be digging up untruths on Hillary, Barack and the rest of the Democratic candidates.

sydney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

MANIFESTO

Don't think for me. Don't assume what I want to hear or read. Give me facts. Give me reasons. But not yours. Bring me debate. Enlighten me. Today, accountability is masked behind anonymity; bylines are hidden by zeros and ones. Everyone publishes; everyone is "in the know." Ethics are non-existent. Speculation is king. The truth is masked and a hostage. Empowered by our minds, WE ARE THE FREAKSPEAKERS!

FAIR USE NOTICE

This site contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of issues of environmental, political, news and humanitarian significance. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such material as provided in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with the title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this blog is distributed and available without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

If your obsession against us and our content endures, you might find more information at: Law.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use", you must obtain permission from the blog owner.